These Chocolate Balls come from the beautiful Mona Hecke, a Naturopath living on the Gold Coast who has a true passion for inspiring people to understand the importance of eating food in its natural state.
Mona’s book ’The Lunchbox Revolution’ contains this recipe which she has kindly allowed me to share with you today, plus many more simple healthy recipes for the whole family. You can check out her website here or Facebook page here.
This recipe is definitely a favourite in our house! The balls are so yummy that my kids beg me to make them again and again. As a parent, I’m happy to serve them up as a treat as they’re packed with super antioxidants, and they provide a high source of fibre, vitamins, minerals, and energy – great for the kids’ sporting days.
Try them this weekend…
- 250g Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder (available from Health Food Stores)
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons Agave Syrup
- Shredded or Desiccated Coconut for rolling
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until well combined.
- Roll into approximately 22 chocolate balls, tossing in coconut before refrigerating.
Tip: If I don’t have Agave Syrup on hand, I like to use 2 tablespoons Organic Honey